PetroGaz was founded in 1953 and is the Greek leading LPG company with an extensive distribution network covering the entire mainland as well as the islands of Greece(c)
Occasionally a product may refer to a brand-name to such an extent and in such a way that consumers’ perception is that the brand-name is identified with the product itself. Behind such a successful image, there is always a pivotal great past. In Greece, the target became a reality with a lot of work and persistence. PetroGaz is identified with LPG.
In 1953 Dr. Constantin Dragan, Europeanist initiator ,realizing the LPG market’s potentiality and being motivated by the achievement of ButanGas Italy that year, took the plunge and founded PetroGaz in 1953.
- 1961: The major plant of Aspropyrgos is inaugurated and the market development on the islands and the rest of mainland in Greece starts.
- 1962: the operation of the plant in Mytilene starts.
- 1972: The operation of the plant in Corfu starts.
- During the years 1974-1975 facilities in Patra, Kalamata and Preveza came into operation.
- 1980: the Company acquires “KOSMOGAZ HELLAS SA” and spreads to Crete (Heraklion, Chania) and Chios.
- 1995: It participates in the share capital of the company “BUTANGAS Romania”. Also establishes a new plant in the Industrial Area of Patra.
- 1996: It starts the operation of the plant in the Industrial Area of Ioannina.
- 1998:It starts the operation of the plant in the Industrial Area of Larissa.
- 2009: It buys up the majority stake in the company “Eurogaz” with facilities in Alexandroupolis, currently holding 91.85% of its share capital.
- 2010: It is merged with the company “ASPROPYRGAZ SA”, absorbing the latter.
PetroGaz is developed rapidly over the years and becomes part of the everyday life. PetroGaz products are used in most of households, and with supplied with LPG, thousands of commercial enterprises, small businesses , industries and autogas filling stations. . PetroGaz offers a large number of cylinders, tanks and autogas filling stations, These services of PetroGaz are highly appreciated.
The headquarters of PetroGaz are located in the centre of Athens. It is a company with 220 employees, 12,000 lpg cylinder retail outlets , 12,500 bulk product tanks installed in customers’ facilities, at the same time supplying over 180 AUTOGAS filling stations, while thousands of people are employed in the handling and marketing of LPG.
PetroGaz, over half a century, has been established in the Greek consumers’ perception with trust and preference. One in three consumers, using LPG in Greece, is a customer of PetroGaz.
Veroniki Holding is the head of a multinational group employing about 1,500 people in 9 European countries (Italy, Greece, Romania, Germany, Poland, Austria, Serbia, Spain and France) and operating with 36 entities in different sectors:
- the LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) market, which is the core business of the Group;
- the renewable energy sector;
- the naval sector;
- the Real Estate activities;
- the medical sector;
- the typographic sector;
- the Social Responsibility activities.
The core business of the Group is the distribution of LPG throughout Europe, with professional and efficient service.
PetroGaz, since 1953, became the symbol name of LPG in Greece.
This has been achieved since the Company always provides market with an alternative l, reliable, safe, economical, environmentally friendly fuel which , at the same time is close to the Greek consumer, providing him with technical advice, as well as direct and reliable service.
Our company is firmly committed to comply with current legislation governing its operation, at all levels, with particular sensitivity to issues of safety and the safe management of the environmental protection. Also, all the above are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
Vision along with promise of PetroGaz is to continue this road by adopting and implementing all initiatives, projects, programs and legislation that foster a safe, efficient and sustainable development of LPG as an alternative fuel in Greece.
The contribution of PetroGaz to the society is not limited to placing an alternative product, safe, economic and environmentally friendly product in every part of Greece. The company, since its foundation , defined its route by supporting local communities and undertaking specific actions that promote the culture, sports and environmental protection.
With targeted actions, participating in initiatives by local bodies and NGOs and the occasional voluntary action of its employees, the Company has contributed to supporting vulnerable social groups.
PetroGaz not only offers economical products, complete safe, and in full compliance with the Greek legislation and environmental protection, but always operates with respect towards the values and directions according to the adopted Code of Ethics. This code sets clear rules so that the company can always work efficiently in an environment of values, with respect to the colleague, partner, customer and competitor.
In the technologically advanced facilities of PetroGaz, cylinders are thoroughly examined before refiled with LPG and are subject to periodic and systematic maintenance. PetroGaz cylinders carry a plug and heat-shrink cap for extra protection. Additionally, on each filled cylinder, around the stopcock, is placed a circular plastic tab with how-to-use instructions. Before each use of cylinder, the user must make sure to have read and understood these instructions.